Connoisseur Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WWSK, The Shark on Long Island is looking to find its first morning DJ. We’re looking for the next on-air superstar who is creative, marketable, digitally savvy, and understands that music is top priority. Creative thinkers who can give information without being arrogant or verbose would be a plus and is desired. Generic packaging might be great for other stations but not for us. Let’s remember that this station is based on Long Island. We all have that interesting accent. Your announcer voice might be nice, but not necessary. If you are still interested here’s what we need:
- Audio Portion: Listen to 94.3 The Shark, get a feel for it and send us 5 customized breaks, in this order (NONE of which should be over :30-seconds).
- You: Tell us why you’re our next superstar.
- Musicologist. Tell the audience something interesting, entertaining, or relevant they don’t already know about a band or song The Shark plays.
- (City)-centric: In entertaining fashion, tell the audience something they should know about what’s happening in (City).
- Lifestyle Break: Pick any topic or story that fits the lifestyle of the Rock audience and execute an entertaining break (Please do not have the belief that Boobs and Beer is lifestyle).
- Station Business: Pick any promotion or feature you find on the The Shark website and do a quick break that entices the audience to participate.
- Other: Blow us away with something we don’t expect.
- (Optional): Creative imaging samples
- Written part of the package:
- One page resume of work experience.
- Short, very creative, one page cover letter about yourself and what it takes to stand out on the radio. Don’t worry about using perfect grammar or punctuation; we do not respect the English language, we want to the real you, slang and all.
- Links to your social media profiles.
- Be sure to let us know about any other unique skills you have that might benefit the station.
Email materials to: lenny.diana@connoisseurLI.com
Connoisseur Media is looking to create a street crew to represent 94-3 The Shark at live appearances. If you are outgoing, friendly and love music, this might be a great opportunity for you! The 94-3 Shark Crew responsibilities include:
- Interacting with listeners and properly representing the station at events
- Must be outgoing, personable, energetic and attractive
- Helping to grow the listener base and e-listener base through various approaches like:
- E-Newsletter sign ups
- Contest Registration for enter to win contests
- Entice guests to participate in on-site TXT to win contests
- Take on a spokes model role at certain appearances to showcase the station and advertiser products
- Staff photo to be displayed online at www.943TheShark.com
- Many events will be at retail locations, bars, nightclubs and sporting events. All candidates:
- Must be available on Weekends (weekday availability is a plus)
- Must have valid NYS Drivers License (and pass a Connoisseur Media DMV background check)
- Must be 21 and over
- Females are encouraged to apply
This is a great entry level position for anyone looking to get into the radio industry. If you'd like to be considered, please submit your resume and photo to Rick.Eberle@ConnoisseurLI.com
Full-Time Account Executives
Connoisseur Media, LLC is currently seeking a Full Time Sales Account Executive.
* Have strong communication skills.
* Own a vehicle to perform necessary prospective and appointment scheduling demand.
* Be outgoing and aggressive in contacting business decision-makers.
* Have good organizational and time-management skills
Sales, or related experience, is recommended, but not required. This is a GREAT opportunity for a self starter/motivator.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, or sex, in all personnel actions. Connoisseur Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested please send cover letter and resume to Roseanne Sheridan at Roseanne.Sheridan@ConnoisseurLI.com
. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!
The Shark is looking for interns! If you are 16 or older, you can learn from the best in the business here at The Shark and Connoisseur Media, LLC.
Click here for more information.